Wednesday 8 December 2010

Scene 5 – Celebration + Transition

The final scene of the animation is the golfer celebrating the fact that he has made the winning putt after it had previously stopped on the edge of the cup before just rolling in. I wanted to have a similar scene to the one where he was upset and disappointed at not making the putt to show the comparison between his two reactions.

I decided it would be quite fun for the golfer to throw the golf club into the air in celebration of achieving his goal of making the important putt. To do this I had to detach the club from the biped, which I had set up previously to make it more realistic when moving the hands. Once I had done this I created an animation of the golfer throwing his hand up into the air. I moved the golf club alongside the hand to show that he still had hold of it until the release of it. The release was important because I wanted to make it look natural. The first attempt I made had the golf club coming out of the hand way too early and did not look correct.

Golf Club Release



Now the golfer had let go of the club, I was able to create the animation of the golf club spinning and falling to the ground as it would do in real life because of gravity. I did this by using the rotation and movement tool and manipulating the object in the different keyframes to create the animation.

Golf Club Spinning




I also animated the other hand of the golfer to show him celebrating. I made him lift his hand in celebration and pump his fist whilst the club is floating around in the air on its way to the ground. I decided to also animate the crowd as in a professional golf tournament the crowd cheer for the golfer who wins the tournament. To do this I created an animation on one of the models in the stands of them standing up and raising their hands in the air in the form of a celebration. I then repeated this animation for all of the bipeds/characters sitting in the stands so that they all cheered when the putt was made.

Crowd standing up




The final part of this scene was going to be the transition to the next scene of our animation. As a group we had discussed the possible ways of moving between the scenes. We split up the transitions between the group so that each person would focus on one transition whilst working with the group member who it would also affect.

I discussed with Dan how we were going to connect our two scenes together. After seeing his work, which included a range of barrels with flags on representing the different national beers, I decided that a good way of transitioning between the two would be to include some flags into my scene. I was happy to do this because I had already considered adding some national flags onto the stand as this is used in real life to show the range of nationalities of the golfers playing in the tournament.

My flag



Dan's flag

I decided that the best way to link the flags would be to zoom in on the flag very close and then Dan would be able to fade between the background of the 2 flags. To achieve this at the end of the animation of the golfer throwing his club in the air and cheering, the camera zooms in towards the set of flags in the stand. I decided to zoom into the middle flag (Australian Flag) because it is the middle barrel in Dan’s scene. This would then allow him to zoom out from the barrel and for it to look more effective.

Zoom in to Flag




Final zoom position

No comments:

Post a Comment